Sunday, April 5, 2015

Homemade Banana Ice Cream

I've been playing around for a few months with smoothies, shakes, and personal sized treats for myself. But the other day, my picky-eater daughter couldn't help but notice that my smoothie happened to smell awfully good to her. After sneaking a taste, she exclaimed, "This would make great ice-cream!" So I got to thinking, and here's what I came up with!


4 Ripe Bananas
7 cups Unsweetened Vanilla Almond Milk (I use Almond Breeze)
4 Cups Non-Fat Vanilla Greek Yogurt (I use Dannon Light & Fit)
2 tsp. Vanilla
1 Scoop of Vanilla Protein (We use ON Gold Standard Whey Protein from GNC)



Blend together 2 bananas, 2 cups of almond milk, and 2 cups of greek yogurt. Pour into bowl and set aside. Blend the other 2 bananas, 2 cups of almond milk, 2 cups of greek yogurt, and the vanilla. Pour it into the bowl with the other mixture. Whisk in the protein powder until all is mixed. Pour into prepared ice cream freezer and fill with remaining milk. Freeze using your ice-cream freezer's instructions.


Nutritional Information:
Serving Size: 1 cup
Total Servings: 16

Calories: 80
Fat: 1.2
Carbohydrates: 10.6
Fiber: 1.25
Protein: 6.75


Note: For best quality, ensure that your bananas are ripe. Using even slightly green bananas will alter the taste dramatically.

Options: Mix in strawberries, blueberries, or dark chocolate to mix things up a bit.





2 comments:

  1. Oooh! That sounds interesting! I don't have an ice cream freezer though. (Boo!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There's a solution! I freeze peeled bananas and blend the ingredients in a blender. It ends up being the consistency of a milkshake, but it's still good!

      Delete