Thursday, December 20, 2012

The Beginning of the End

Let me first start by saying that I do not believe for one moment that the end of the world will be happening tomorrow. But I do believe it could be today.

I don't think the Mayans had any sort of information aside from the information that we have today. We read in Matthew chapter 24 that no one knows the day or the hour that Christ is coming for His church, not even the angels OR Christ Himself...only the Father knows. That tells me one thing...we KNOW it will not be Friday.

I've heard a few reports from families in our area that are stockpiling water, ammunition, food, batteries, and emergency supplies just in case the Mayans were let in on a secret that we weren't privy to. That's all fine and good. I think we should all be prepared in an emergency.

What I'm wondering about though is this: Why aren't they concerned with what really matters? I haven't heard ANYONE talking about how we should be trying to point these people to Jesus. If they're so panicked about the world ending, don't we think they could be ripe for the harvest? There's obviously a need that's yet to be fulfilled in their lives. Why haven't we met it?

There were even news stories this morning about certain mountains in the United States that are believed to be gateways to time travel. There are people camping on those mountains this week just because they think they will be the first to enter. My husband personally took a plane ride a few months ago and sat next to a woman that watched out the window the whole time, expecting to see aliens appearing. It just amazes me what people believe in...but the fact that there was a Messiah sent by God Himself to die for our sins...that's too far-fetched?!?!

Heath and I didn't buy any extra water, but we have been buying a little ammunition here and there...but that's a whole other post entirely....

I'm asking myself though...what if TODAY is the end of the world? Are we prepared? I could care less about water, money that'll probably be useless, or other "emergency" items. In the end, all that matters is my relationship with Jesus. Have I prepared my family for the utmost urgent need?


1 comment:

  1. That's right! There is no emergency preparedness like getting saved! :) Because we DON'T know when He is coming, and we wanted to be prepared.

    And by the way - if the world WAS going to end tomorrow...
    why are they preparing by buying up all that stuff?
    I mean, isn't the world supposed to END? Haha. :)

    ReplyDelete