Sunday, December 23, 2012

2 More Days!

The Christmas excitement has got me wide awake on this, my only day to sleep in. I woke at 5:00 a.m. thinking about things such as a 3 day weekend, gingerbread house making, the kids opening presents, and it's all EXCITING!!!

Today is Sunday, though. It's the last Sunday of Advent, and I'm sad to see it go. The season of Christmas is always so exciting and joyful in Churches. Even churches that are having problems seem to be able to put their issues aside during Advent and just let the peace, hope, and joy of Christ reign a while.

When I pastored, I admit I always was sad to see Advent come to a close because I knew Satan would rear His ugly head once the new year had begun. When we start to think about New Year's resolutions and goals for the coming year, a seem of discontent and dissatisfaction of where we are in life always seems to be sown. But not this year...not for me.

2012 was a weird year. It brought the most pain I've ever experienced, but at the same time, I also received the greatest answer to prayer I've ever received. I'm glad for a new year that's coming, but for right now, I just want to be excited about the here and now. I'm soooo excited about what this week brings.


  • One last time of worship in Advent
  • Gingerbread house making
  • Visiting a friend tonight
  • Christmas cookie making
  • Family time
  • Annual picture taking in new Christmas pajamas
  • Awesome family devotions
  • Gift opening
  • An easy (hopefully) few days at work
  • Going home!


What are you looking forward to this week?

1 comment:

  1. Hoping you all made it safely to visit your family!
    We had a different Christmas this year ourselves. It was just the four of us, family just came in last night. So I decided to make it low-key and laid-back. I made a couple of goodies, but we went out for Christmas dinner (it was a couple of days early so no worries about crowds or closed restaurants!) We went to the church services and we went to the holiday movie together. It was pretty enjoyable actually. I wouldn't want to miss out on extended family every year, but having our own little Christmas was a nice change up. I pray that everything has settled down and you are able to enjoy your family time despite the chaos that fell right before you left. :)

    ReplyDelete