Saturday, January 5, 2013

'Til the Storm Passes By

We're struggling right now. All four of us are sick, Heath and I still have to go to work, and therefore, there is no energy, desire, ambition, or drive at all to do household tasks such as laundry, dishes, cooking, or grocery shopping. I have no time to take myself or anyone else to any doctor even because I can't take anybody else out in the cold. Geez, ugh, sigh!!! I think I may just take the whole family to the walk-in clinic tomorrow. I literally made a medicine chart to make sure everyone gets their medicine on time and no one is overdosed. The house is a wreck, there's nothing to eat, and I'm overwhelmed.

I'm reminded though that I really have it easy. When I was a kid, my mom was in and out of the hospital on a regular basis, and my daddy had no family around to help with us. He was torn whether to stay with my mom, take us home so we wouldn't have to see her so sick, or pastor the church.

He adopted a song that has comforted our family for three decades:

In the dark of the midnight have I oft hid my face
While the storms howl above me and there's no hiding place
Mid the crash of the thunder
Precious Lord, hear my cry
Keep me safe 'til the storm passes by

'Til the storm passes over, 'til the thunder sounds no more
'Til the clouds roll forever from the sky
Hold me fast, let me stand
In the hollow of thy hand
Keep me safe 'til the storm passes by

1 comment:

  1. Greetings from Wordwise Hymns. Your blog caught my eye because I posted an article on this great gospel song this morning. And I was touched by your description of family struggles. (In some of those things, you might actually have been eavesdropping on OUR house!

    The presence of God and His daily grace, plus the knowledge that one day all the storms will be over--these things are a great comfort to me, and likely to you as well. God bless.

    ReplyDelete