Friday, July 12, 2013

Macaroni and Cheese (Healthier Version)

Part of being a mother, in my opinion, is making the kids' favorite foods once in a while. Since we've been trying to live healthier, I have neglected cooking for the most part except for our meat. We usually eat grilled meat and raw vegetables and fruit. The kids asked for my macaroni and cheese yesterday, so I decided to play with the receipe to see if I could come up with a healthier version. It turned out pretty well.

Macaroni and Cheese
2 cups whole wheat elbow macaroni, boiled and drained
1 cup skim milk
2 eggs, beaten (or egg beaters if you have them will make it even healthier)
2 cups fat-free cheese, shredded
1/2 cup plain non-fat greek yogurt
1 can Campbell's cheddar cheese soup (I wish I could find a substitute for this)
2 tbsp. margarine

Stir all the ingredients together in a crock-pot and cook on low for 2 hours, stirring occasionally.

Nutritional Information (1/2 cup serving)
Calories: 117
Fat: 4.44
Carbs: 13.2
Fiber: 1.22
Protein: 7.87


No comments:

Post a Comment